How to choose the best probiotic?
There are multiple studies that verify the benefits of a good probiotic to your health but the fact that the supplement industry is not regulated in the USA makes choosing the right probiotic a challenge.
Here we put a number of factors to consider when choosing a probiotic.
1. Make sure the manufacturing process follows pharmaceutical manufacturing guidelines. This ensures the product actually has what the label says.
2. Consider the type of bacteria strain included. Two of the most studied straints that have shown health benefits are Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (BB-12®) and Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG®). By searching in prestigious science based websites, I found articles with evidence on digestive health improvements in children and reduction in respiratory tract infections in college students.
3. Make sure the probiotic you buy does not have dairy, sugar or gluten.
4. Ensure there is plenty of bacteria to make a difference. Look for at least 10 Billion of bacterial units.
5. Ensure the probiotic is manufactured in a way that can preserve its potency while on the shelf without refrigeration and can go through the harsh environment in the stomach without an issue.
6. Ensure the probiotic is supported by a prebiotic. An ingredient like Inulin is a type a fiber that serves as food for the friendly bacteria in your gut, incresing its effectiveness.
7. Look for 3rd party confirmation or testing on the quality of the probiotic you are buying, like Consumer Lab seal of approval.
Get the following benefits with the strains of bacteria mentioned above:
1. Improved digestion. Friendly bacteria will balance against bacteria that you don't want and might be the reason for bloating and difficult digestion.
2. Improved mood. The bacteria in your gut is actually in charge of producing serotonin and dopamine. These are neurotransmitters your brain needs so you are in a good mood.
3. Improved immunity. 80% of the immune system resides in your gut. With good bacteria, your intestinal lining will be in shape and willl protect you from things going through your blood stream and getting your immune system to overwork.
In HealthyU, we have verified that all the statements above are true for the USANA Probiotic, which you can get at a fantastic value when you buy the Duo Pack.
Just click here, to make your purchase:
PS... if you are like me, you might be wondering the source of the science based articles I mentioned above... here you are: